Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Peek Through the Door

I'm not a learned writer, don't really know the rules. Sometimes I write beginnings of a story, then cast them aside trying to concentrate on something else. Other times I jot out quick poems/prose...not sure which of the two they are, only that I need to place the words upon the written page. One day I'll perhaps learn the rules, as I am sure they have a reason for existing, are meant to help guide us along the way. For now, I'll just keep putting words on the page as I uncover the who of me.


A Peek Through The Door

(A story about inner child)


I know I really shouldn't

But sometimes I can't help it

It's safe in here within our room

But sometimes I still have to peek


My hand upon the doorknob

There goes that voice again

"You know you shouldn't"

But I can't help it

Maybe I'll take a little peek?


Growing bolder I slide my hand up

Caressing the jam a bit

Just a peek, no one will know


I know I shouldn't

But I can't help it.

Maybe just a peek.


Slowly I ease the door ajar

Stealing a peek outside


He's standing there watching

Just like I knew he would be

Our guardian gatekeeper

Watching over all of us inside


He hears the creak

Turns to see who's there


A brief stern look

Then that magical smile

He waves me out for a hug


Go back inside now

I'll stand watch out here

You'll be safe forever


Remember, it's always safe inside

And I'll be here guarding

Just outside the door

No comments: