Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rainbow Bridge...Dad Says His Goodbye To Boo

The below piece is something I wrote as a tribute to our dearly beloved Boo who passed over Rainbow Bridge going on two years ago...he was a great cat, and is still missed. Was going through a few things I'd written early on in my own attempts at writing and this one seemed worthy of sharing with my readers. There is a sister piece I wrote from Boo's perspective wherein he says goodbye to his mom that I will share in the next post, as I believe in puts things into proper perspective, shares with the readers the special relationship that this cat had, and in some ways still has with him Mom.

The wind whispers through the azalea
Melodious chimes join the lament
The air forlornly heavy in the sky

Early still as tears stain our eyes

They are all aware of the hour today
Shadow peers silently through the window
Chili curled in Boo's special spot

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Checkers wonders, aimless
As if he needs to take inventory
Remembering Boo's special scent

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Snowball lays all alone
Looking out towards heaven
Pensive, reflective, still as stone

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Ginger is out of sight
Unusual in morning light
As if he cannot face this day

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Spaz is behaving
Not at all like who she is
Her playfulness put away today

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Boo lays on the very top stair
Resigned, or perhaps ready to go
A symbolism in his choice of perch

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Mother Pina sits stoic
Holding her emotions in check
Being brave for her loving Boo Boo

Early still as tears stain our eyes

Dad sits here melancholy
Words used for tears to big to cry
spilled out across a silver screen

Early still as tears stain our eyes

110 Minutes remain for him
His time here with us almost done
Goodbye our faithful loving son

Early still, tears spilling out

Hush now the quivering lip
Be brave for a bit longer
The time is ticking down

Rainbow Bridge awaits

I've this week written for Boo, a cat of graceful style with a heart of gold. His love and devotion to his Mom a tribute to her heart which she wears proudly on her sleeve. I've posted pictures, contributed a comment here and there as this time drew ever near...now the fateful day is upon us, high noon oh to close. December 2nd 2006, almost winter with a storm moving closer in on us, yet the sun is bright, temperature almost balmy...almost as if heaven reached in to create one last salute, Boo's perfect day to say goodbye.

Snatches of songs drift in and out between my scarcely hidden tears as they spill out and race down my cheek unimpeded. "Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again." 10:25 on the clock, a milestone as Boo's time is now down to double digits instead of having three. This sorrow is such a burden for one to carry, but he deserves no less than this...be brave one more time old Soldier, your Mom and Boo need your strength in these closing hours, all to fast changing into only minutes, and then all too quickly it will be only Mom as Boo makes his crossing at Rainbow Bridge.

"If I could save time in a bottle, if riches could make dreams come true, I'd save every day until eternity passes and again I would spend them with you."

If you see my Mom in Heaven Boo please tell her that I am fine...tell her not to worry, I'll get through this in time just like I always do. Snoop around and mark a cloud or two, so all the angels in the cosmos know the Piss Man has arrived. Find Pina's father, wrap yourself around his leg to share a purr or two...then leap into her Mother's arms, giving her face a lick. Tell her all about your time on earth...oh, the special times the two of you shall share. As Pina sets you free from here, know her mother's lap is waiting and that you will never be alone.

Hush now baby, don't you cry...

Going to miss you Boo. Who's going to wake up Mom for me when she over sleeps, and I am still in dreamland, trained to ignore the alarm ringing in my ear. Morning coffee will not be the same without your Meow's, your way of saying "Good Morning Dad" and "Can I have my butt rub now?" Who will sit in Daddy's chair, basking in the sun, who will keep me company when I am posting in my blogs?

...And now, the end is near, And so I face the final curtain. Frank Sinatra...in his own way, that was/is our Boo.

It's almost eleven, time to push Pina into the shower...I did not want her to be ready to soon, as this is going to be hard enough without her being dressed all in black to soon. We are in the magic zone, the last hour of Boo's life, and so I close this post, and with its launching into cyber space I say my own goodbye...I love you Boo...BIG BOYS DON'T CRY..BIG BOYS DON'T CRY....

but we do...............so long old fellow, you'll be always in my heart.



Saying Good Bye To The Best Mom A Cat Could Have.

No comments: